Refund & Return
Abbas Optical Private Limited, having its registered address at No. 56, 243, Peter’s Road, Royapettah, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600014 (“Abbas Optical”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is managing and operating the mobile application/website www.abbasoptical.com (collectively referred to as the “Abbas Optical Platform”) through which it inter alia facilitates the sale of eyeglasses, computer glasses, reading glasses, sunglasses, contact lenses, accessories, and other products (“Products”) to the users of the Abbas Optical Platform (“User” or “Users” or “you” or “your”).
We aim to provide the best customer experience to our Users beginning from placing an order to initiating a return. While transacting on the Abbas Optical Platform, you can expect a hassle-free experience in returning the Product that you have ordered and can rely on us as your preferred shopping destination.
This cancellation, return, and refund policy (“Policy”), together with the Terms sets out our procedures and policies in accepting Product cancellation, return and refund thereof.
1. APPLICABILITY OF POLICY
- By agreeing to use the Abbas Optical Platform and/or initiating a request for the purchase of Product(s) on the Abbas Optical Platform, you agree to be bound by the terms contained in this Policy without modification. If you do not agree to the terms contained in this Policy, you are advised not to transact on the Abbas Optical Platform.
- Please note that we may from time to time change the terms of the Policy that govern your return, refund, or cancellation of an order for Products on the Abbas Optical Platform. Every time you wish to use the Abbas Optical Platform, please check the policy to ensure you understand the terms and conditions that apply at that time.
2. TERMS FOR CANCELLATION, RETURN, AND REFUND OF ORDERS
2.1 Cancellation of Products
- You can cancel orders for Products partially or fully prior to issuing and processing the invoice in relation to such Products by us. Orders cannot be canceled once the invoice has been processed and issued.
- In case you change your mind in relation to a particular order of the Products, you may cancel the placed purchase order, by referencing the unique tracking identity number (which enables the User in tracking the status of delivery of the purchased Products) received by you from us and requesting us to process a cancellation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- On receipt of the cancellation request prior to issuing and processing of the invoice, we shall cancel the order and initiate the refund for the Products within 2 (Two) working days from the receipt of the cancellation request from you. The amount shall be refunded to you through the same mode of payment used by you for the purchase which can be used for subsequent purchases. All refunds shall be subject to applicable policies and charges of the User’s bank/ financial institution.
- Order for prescription eyeglasses and prescription sunglasses cannot be canceled once placed.
2.2 Return of Products
- You may initiate the request for return of the Product if (i) Product is damaged; (b) both the Product and shipping package has been damaged; (iii) Product is defective or is not in working condition; (iv) the Product is of bad quality; (v) parts of the Product or accessory is missing; (vi) the Product ordered is different from what was ordered basis the Product description provided on the Abbas Optical Platform; or (vii) you are dissatisfied with the purchased Product (“Non-Compliant Product”). You shall initiate such requests for a return within 14 (fourteen) days from the date on which you receive the delivery of the Product (“Return Period”).
- You shall keep the Products in it’s unused, original condition, along with the original invoice/ sale receipt, brand outer box, MRP tags attached, user manual, warranty cards, and original accessories in manufacturer packaging for a successful return pick-up. We would accept the request for the return of such a Product subject to the terms of this Policy.
- If you have received any Product which is subject to return in terms of this Policy, we suggest you immediately register a request in this regard on the Abbas Optical Platform. We will in our sole discretion verify if: (a) the defects and damages in the Products or the non-compliances claimed in such Products are acceptable by us, or (b) such defects, damages, or non-compliances are due to our default, and will accordingly post verification, accept or reject the request for return. For such verification, we may request you to send us images of the damaged, defective or Non-Compliant Product received and/or allow our personnel to schedule a visit to assess the damage, defect, or non-compliance with the Product. Further to the assessment of the damage or the concern reported in the return request, we may in our sole discretion resolve the issue subject to the assessment report, in a manner as we may deem fit.
- Your return will be processed only when the conditions as may be stipulated by us are fulfilled at the time of the return of such Products, such as the Product being returned in original condition (including water seal stickers in case of fragrances), along with the price tag intact including original packaging of the product, the brand outer packaging of the Non-Compliant Product and all accessories therein, no damage has occurred post-delivery of the Product while in your possession etc.
- You agree that we will not accept the return of any Product: (i) if you have placed the order for a wrong product model, color, or incorrect Product, (ii) if the Product belongs to the non-returnable Product category (For instance, personalized Products that are not suitable for the return based on their nature), (iii) if you fail to request return/register a complaint in relation to a Non-Compliant Product within the Return Period. Any damage to the Product caused by your improper wearing or safekeeping of the Product, or any modification or change to the Product by you the User or a third party or any depreciation in the value for other reasons will not be deemed such Product a Non-Compliant Product and will not be considered a quality problem. Any decision by us in this regard shall be final and binding.
You can return the Product(s), purchased from us provided the Product(s) satisfy the below mandatory conditions:
(i) The Product has not been worn, cleaned, or tampered with by you.
(ii) The price tag /bar code, brand tags, original packaging material, accompanying accessories are intact and not altered, damaged, or discarded by you.
(iii) The Product is not altered, unless proven vendor defect.
(iv) Return is being initiated against the order under which it was bought and from the same account and the serial number/ bar code of the Product matches our records.
(v) There is no foul odor, perfume, stains, dents, scratches, tears, or damage on the Product.
(vi) The Product(s) if bought as a set should be returned as the complete set.
(vii) Products returned should be unused, undamaged, unwashed, and in a saleable condition.
(viii) We are satisfied that the Product has not been rendered defective or unusable.
We reserve the right to reject the return request for a Product if it does not satisfy the aforementioned conditions.
- Return of purchased Products is facilitated through our reverse-logistics partners. On receipt of the request for return of Product on the Abbas Optical Platform and the same being duly acknowledged by us, our reverse-logistics partners may get in touch with you in order to collect the purchased Products from you.
- You may also return a Product purchased by you on the Abbas Optical Platform at our physical stores/ boutiques provided you give the following information: (i) details of the Product; (ii) original invoice of the Product; (iii) order number; (iv) reasons for return; and (v) your contact information.
- Contact Lens returns will be accepted only if the sealed packaging is intact and returned along with the original carton intact.
- Opened boxes will not be taken back even if there are unused lenses in the box.
Eyeglasses & Prescription Sunglasses:
- In the case of Eyeglasses/ Prescription Sunglasses, the return will be accepted only if the lens power does not match the prescription.
- If you have received a damaged or defective product kindly get in touch with our customer service at email@example.com Our team will assist you with the returns.
- In the case of Reading glasses/Computer Glasses, the return will be accepted only if the lens power does not match the power as per the order.
- No returns/refunds are available for Contact Lens cases and Contact Lens solutions.
- At the time of raising a request for return or canceling the Products on the Abbas Optical Platform, you may seek a refund for the Non-Compliant Product. Such refund will be made to you only in the event the payment has been received by us for the Product.
- Please be informed that when you opt to cancel or return the Products, upon our verification and assessment of the Products and the documents relating thereto, the refund amount for such Products which are eligible for return as per the terms of this Policy, will be processed within a period of 7 (seven) working days from the date of us verifying the defect or the non-compliance in the Product. Your refund will be processed only when the conditions as may be stipulated by us are fulfilled, such as the Product being returned in original condition, along with the price tag intact including original packaging of the product, the brand outer packaging of the Non-Compliant Product, and all accessories therein. For the sake of abundant clarity, it is clarified that we shall not make any refund in respect of a Product that is deemed ineligible for a refund based on our verification and assessment. The refund amount will be credited to the original payment mode opted by you. You acknowledge that after initiation of refund, it may take additional time for your refund to reflect in your account which is subject to your financial institution or payment solution provider terms and conditions.
- We do not make any cash refunds. The amount will be refunded to you within 7 (seven) working days depending upon the mode of payment chosen by you. Sometimes banks or financial intermediaries take a longer time to process the refund request. However, if the refund does not happen by the date advised, you may contact us, and we will gladly help you.
- Refund to be made to the User shall not include any amount paid towards shipping charges or any other such charges applicable from time to time. However, in the event a Product has been delivered with a defect or damage (for reasons attributable to, and accepted by us after due verification at its sole discretion) we may refund the shipping charges to you. You will be provided with a refund if you have received a non-returnable Product in a damaged or defective condition subject to verification and examination of the damage or defect of the Product by us.
- We reserve the right to reject a refund request for a Product if it does not satisfy the qualifying conditions specified under this Policy on our assessment pursuant to its return. We may in such cases notify you and send the returned Product back without initiating a refund.
3. Customer Support
Any queries or concerns relating to the return, refund, and cancellation may be directed by you to our customer support team who can be contacted at: